The winners receive financial award and in addition support from the business coaches of the expert network of the W-Power project.
The following four business ideas were selected as winners in North Karelia based on the jury’s points:
- Höllää hetkeksi ja Ennenku mie romahan -luontoelämykset / FoRest Mood -tiimi: Marjut Räty, Tytti Alastalo, Satu Ketonen, Susanna Manninen
- Luonnonkaunis-kotipaketti / KANTO Kosmetiikka: Oiteli Lasarov and Ilmeini Lasarov
- Kalevalaisen naisen viisaus nykynaisen voimavaraksi /Riitta Ward and Raija Kivimetsä
- Ratkotaan yhdessä työtilojen ongelmat ja voidaan paremmin / Minna Nirkko
The total cash prize of €7,000 has been awarded among the winners for testing their business ideas.
The following four business ideas were selected as winners in Lapland based on the jury’s points:
- Probioottista puhtautta / Tuuli Kinnunen, Veera Kinnunen
- Artesaanituote / Laura Knuuti
- Hiillosboksi / iLme innorooms Oy: Elina Stoor
The total cash prize of €4,000 has been awarded among the winners for testing their business ideas.
The winners from the regional W-Power business idea competition in Norrbotten Sweden are:
- Snowflake - unique is the perfect way to be / Vera/Nova: Veronica Bedinger, Luleå
- Utveckling av samisk kunskapsöverföring / Silba Siida: Anna Kuhmunen, Jokkmokk
- Containing Greens – hydroponisk odling på datacentervärme / Containing Greens Ab: Moa Johansson, Ellinor Emilsson and Adrian Arrosamena Mellgren, Luleå
The total cash prize in Norrbotten is 45,000SEK and will be shared among the winners for testing their business ideas.
In Canada, our associate partner organization Women in Business New Brunswick (WBNB) announced the winners of their first Start Up Competition:
- Taking home the first-place prize of $2,000 plus a 12-hour one-on-one virtual training with the consultant firm DirecSys Inc. is Elena Andreea Conicescu of Tib’s Cosmetics in Saint Quentin.
- The second-place prize of $1,000 was awarded to the team of Amy Andrews, Bridget McCloskey and David Itoafa of Life Track Safety Systems Ltd. in Fredericton
- The student prize of $500 sponsored by Club BizNess went to the team of Ornella Ntchalle, Kodjo Martin Aziakpor and Natasha Comeau of Crew Labs from Bathurst.
They winners were chosen by a panel of five judges, including New Brunswick women entrepreneurs.
Jana Allain Boudreau, Development Officer for Start Up with WBNB: “We are thrilled with the success of our first Start Up Competition! These aspiring and current women entrepreneurs are very inspiring. Their talent, knowledge, skills and work ethic will lead them to new and exciting opportunities. We are extremely fortunate to have such amazing, women led businesses in our Province that offer unique and innovative products and services”